We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Seafood starters
- Fish starters
This herring in yoghurt dressing is a cool and refreshing starter, perfect for a casual get together or summer party. Serve with some fresh bread and crisp salad leaves.
2 people made this
- 8 soused herring fillets (best marinated with onion, without oil)
- 300g low fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pickled cucumber, diced
- caster sugar, to taste
- pepper, to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Extra time:3hr marinating › Ready in:3hr15min
- If herrings are very salty, first soak them in milk for about 1 hour, then rinse and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cut herring fillets into small pieces. Place in a bowl. Stir in yoghurt, prepared mustard, onion, pickle, sugar and season to taste. Mix well.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving so the flavours can develop. Remove from the fridge and serve.