We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Vegetable cakes
- Pumpkin cake
This lightly spiced pumpkin cake is studded with chopped walnuts and chocolate chips, then cut into slices.
29 people made this
- 310g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 225g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g caster sugar
- 425g cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 325g plain chocolate chips
- 250g chopped walnuts
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a 23x33cm or similar sized baking tin. Stir together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in the cooled pumpkin then beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cut into slices and serve warm or cooled.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(39)
Reviews in English (31)
by Andrea Kulp
YUM!!! I made these to take to a family whose daughter is recovering from surgery. I'm not one who is afraid to try a new recipe on someone else! These were just what I was looking for...sweet, but not too sweet, dense, hearty. I made no changes other than using raw sugar (hate that white stuff!!). I lined the pan w/foil and they lifted right out...made it easy to cut for transporting. This one is definately a keeper. May try half white/half whole wheat flour next time. Thank you!-18 Nov 2007
It took just a little longer than the recipe states to make them, but I think it will get easier as I keep making them. And I LOVE to surprise people by having chocolate in a pumpkin bar recipe. Tastes much better than it sounds!In the future, I will put some kind of icing on them. People are disappointed when you don't have the cream chese icing on pumpkin bars.Overall, though, it is a good recipe and something worth making again!-24 Oct 2001
Really easy to make. These were really good, my husband and kids really liked them. Instead of chocolate chips, I used Craisins. I'd make them again, a good alternative for snack time.Thanks for the recipe.-23 Nov 2002