We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
These shortbread biscuits are buttery and oh-so-moreish. Enjoy with a mug of tea.
7 people made this
- 225g butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 350g plain flour
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Cream together butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Sift in flour and baking powder; mix.
- Roll shortbread dough into a long roll and slice. Flatten only slightly.
- Then with a butter knife carve into each piece feel good words, such as love, joy or harmony.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until top begins to colour.
- After they are baked, if you wish for the words to stand out, with a fine brush, 'paint' colour into the carved words using food colouring.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(0)
Reviews in English (1)
I was looking for a recipe that I could basically let my six year old daughter take control over. This recipe for shortbread was terrific. We weren't advanced enough to try to make words, but nonetheless it was delicious. What we did was spread it out over a tray and make it like a slice.-08 Dec 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)