We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cake decorating
- Chocolate icing
These chocolate caramel slices are like a Millionaire's shortbread, except there's no boiling the tin, and the topping is a luscious chocolate icing instead of plain melted chocolate. It has been passed down through my family and is simply delicious!
26 people made this
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 190g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 1/2 (397g) tin sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 drops of vanilla extract
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 20g butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:2hr chilling › Ready in:2hr50min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and line a 20x30cm tin with baking parchment.
- For the base: Cream together the butter and sugar, then add golden syrup and egg. Add dry ingredients and mix. Tip into the prepared tin and press to cover the bottom. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- To make the caramel topping: Cook all topping ingredients together slowly over a low heat. Once the base has cooled down, poor the topping over the base. Refrigerate till set.
- Once topping is set and cooled, make the chocolate icing by mixing all the ingredients together. Spread the icing over top, and refrigerate till set.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(8)
Reviews in English (9)
i followed this to the letter. sadly complete disaster, too sweet, topping did not set.. would not recommend, sorryfar too sweet and sickly-29 Oct 2012
Terrible recipe why would you use baking powder if the base is meant to be like shortbread. Also the caramel is too light in colour and sickly.-18 Oct 2012
Wish i had read the reviews BEFORE making this recipe, i thought id done it all wrong apparantly not (phew!!!) though, just this recipe isn't great! Oh well ill move onto the next one safe in the knowledge that in still OK at baking-17 Nov 2013