We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The citrus marinade used in this recipe is made with sprigs of fresh marjoram. One or two hours of marinating is all that is required: a longer period affects the texture of the fish.
12 people made this
- 7 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 dessertspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 800g (1 3/4 lb) halibut steaks
- 4 sprigs fresh marjoram, for garnish
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:25min
- Mix together grapefruit juice, olive oil, 1 dessertspoon marjoram, salt and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Add fish, turn once to coat both sides, then cover. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning once or twice.
- Preheat barbecue.
- Reserve marinade, and place fish in lightly oiled wire basket. Place fish 4 to 6 inches above hot coals. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once and brushing twice with reserved marinade, until steaks are barely opaque in thickest part. Arrange on a platter, and garnish with sprigs of marjoram.
Choose Pacific halibut for the most sustainably sourced choice.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (9)
I changed the fish to dover sole and found that the marinade, even after two hours had not really penetrated enough to have the the flavour impact I would like after 90 minutes. So, definitely take care to baste the fish with the marinade.-06 Jun 2015
This is a very good, light marinade.-21 Jul 2008
We really enjoyed this halibut and recommend it highly. We marinated 1 1/2 hours.-21 Jul 2008